Best view in Firefox and Chrome

Connect to Internet with BlackBerry without Paying For Data Plan

Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Convert Article to PDFPrint ArticleEmail Article to FrinedBookmark this Article


I had been struggled for fair amount of time, to get the Internet access in my Blackberry curve. Normally Blackberry is better for the Business Integrations with the Data plan is provided by the service provider. Even though Blackberry phone comes with many fancy features, there is one problem with them. You have to purchase a data plan for internet access from your GSM service provider. This weired issue was a big headache for me to get the Internet access in my Balckberry curve - I don't like to pay for the data plan to use it. with out the data plan the service provider will not give the information to access the Internet. But the lovely Blackberry have all the capable of accessing Internet without a data plan.

Here I have put the setup to get the Internet access with out a Data plan.

You have to set up your TCP settings. Follow this : Options > Advanced Options > TCP on the Blackberry and enter the correct APN setting from the list below. Here with I have put the list of known APN settings.

Lets finished. Now you need a browser. The best one is Opera Mini Browser. you download the Opera Mini and enjoy the free Internet service without the data plan. - But you have to pay the standard connection charges from your GSM service provider.

Open Here


Read these Articles :

6 comments:

DtheArtist said...

Sweet, thanks for the tips. I'll try this out, when I get a Blackberry, lol

Anonymous said...

i've tried doing that, but when i go to Options- Advanced, it does not show a TCP option

Rajat said...

Hi,

I have blackberry 8520 , i followed the steps shared by you but still not able to access the internet.

I am using Idea Cellular (Delhi) and APN as imis, please suggest if there is someother APN i have to use.

Many people are saying that when we use APN then even if we use Wi-fi zone it will charge to the Career. Is it true ? or how can we alternatively access internet through wi-fi and gprs without modifying the APN everytime.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Woah!! thanks alot man! u saved me alot of money!! hehe!! ^^

Anonymous said...

Hello are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to
get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding expertise
to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Here is my website :: diets that work fast

Anonymous said...

But bbm is not working

Why Breeze

This is a new technological rhythm in the web. It blooms like a Breeze in your technological face with more than 75 technoligical atricles and guidences.

Contact Me
Contact Me Send an Email Facebook Account LinkedIn profile Twitter/Shayanth
Share And Save
Social Share with Twitter Facebook Share Add to Google Save on Delicious
Get Updates

The RSS will facilitate you to get the updates from Breeze. Click Here to redirect to the RSS link.

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger | Blue Business Blogger | Customized by SHAUOM